I'm so happy to be back in my craft room tonight! I have been having a difficult time sleeping since the time change and I'm starting to feel like something out of The Walking Dead! But I found a burst of energy after checking out the newest Lawnscaping Challenge: Distress Addicts inspiration blog. I love me some Distress Inks so I had to play along!
For this card I actually started with the front panel rather than the background. I didn't even really intend for this to be a card, it was more of a Copic shading exercise but it turned out so cute I decided to go ahead and finish it up. I used the little popsicle guy from the Here's the Scoop Lawn Fawn stamp set and the heart border from the Feathered Friends Lawn Fawn set. I'm not usually a primary colors kind of gal but since I was trying to get used to shading with the different color groups of Copic markers, I ended up going with a bright, fun rainbow. The heart border is colored in with Stardust Gelly Roll pens (I LOVE how they sparkle!) and the white dots on the popsicle cheeks are the white Gelly Roll pen.
The background was inspired by the Distress Addicts challenge. This was one of those projects that I had to think about for a day or so before I finally settled on an idea that felt "right" for the card. Those cool popsicle dudes were just too great to put on just any ol' background! I knew I wanted to use Distress Inks for the challenge and stick with my rainbow color scheme. I decided that the chevron lines from the Chevron Backdrops Lawn Fawn set would break up the vibrant color just enough to keep it from being overwhelming. I stamped the chevron in VersaMark ink and clear embossed it using Simon Says Stamp Clear Embossing powder. I then used my mini blending tool to blend in Barn Door, Mustard Seed, Mowed Lawn, Salty Ocean, and Seedless Preserves Distress Inks. The white, shiny chevron lines look really neat in all of the color!
To finish up I cut a few pieces of cardstock to create a border around my panel and break up the background a bit. I mounted the panel using Scotch Foam Tape and then threw on some clear/iridescent sequins just for some added interest.