Unity {be inspired} Challenge #10: I Hope You Feel Beautiful

It's time for another Unity {be inspired} Challenge and let me tell you, I was more than ready to get my inspiration on when I sat down in my craft room tonight!  I have been down and out with a wicked virus for a week and I was having major creative withdrawal!  But I'm finally starting to feel human again and what better way to get back to good than spending some quality time with my Unity stamps???  

 
For this {be inspired} Challenge I chose to use the card layout as my inspiration.  I really wanted to try a shaker card with my Unity stamps so rather than layer various patterned papers to mimic the layout, I used the shaker window as the back element to frame this lovely butterfly from the February 2015 Kit of the Month.

 
Using my Cricut Explore I designed the card base and cut the window opening as well as the craft foam to put behind the card front and provide the dimension for the sequins to move and shake in.  I like using my Cricut for this step because it ensures that my craft foam matches my window exactly, however, you can use die cuts to create the same effect.  The craft foam is great for shakers - it gives the whole piece a nice, even support that is sometimes hard to achieve with foam tape. Plus, there's no way any of your shaker material can escape since there are no gaps around the window.


I embossed the butterfly and the sentiment (also from the February 2015 KOM) using Ranger Liquid Platinum embossing powder and I watercolored the butterfly using Distress Markers.  The sequins inside the shaker are a mishmash of brands and colors, chosen to compliment the patterned papers I selected from the It Factor 6x6 paper pad by We R Memory Keepers.  The sequins on the front of the card are Lime Sorbet and Sparkling Clear by Pretty Pink Posh (LOVE her sequins!!!) 

 
I really enjoy using supplies and images from several different companies to create a one-of-a-kind card!  Besides, everything looks fabulous when paired with an image from Unity!  I hope you enjoyed today's card!  Check out the fabulous sale going on at my Etsy shop this month!  It has been one year since I started Curl E. Cue's and I'm celebrating big!  Have a happy rest of your week and I'll see you soon! 

No comments

Post a Comment