VIDEO: TupeloDesignsLLC: Valentine's Day Inky Background featuring Newton's Nook

Hi there!  Welcome back to another project for TupeloDesignsLLC!  I've had a blast this month creating different Valentine's Day cards using the same stamp set, Sweetheart Tails from Newton's Nook.  I think it's great to challenge yourself to come up with several unique looks using the same set.  I'm also going to enter this project in the Inky Pays Challenge #28: Love Theme over on the Newton's Nook blog.  Fun!


I gotta say, I am LOVING this background!!  I created it by stamping my fox image using some VersaFine Black Onyx pigment ink and then heat embossing in clear.  I cut out a mask for the image and stuck it on top of Foxy.  I then used my TupeloDesignsLLC blending tools (only a week left to get one FREE with any order!) to add a bunch of Distress Inks over the top.  To avoid harsh lines as I blended on this Neenah cardstock I tapped off the ink on my work surface before applying it to the paper.  Once I had applied all my color I used my Tim Holtz Distress Sprayer to spritz some water all over.  It creates the coolest effect!!  A few Picket Fence Distress Spray Stain splashes and my background was complete!


I wanted the background to really stand out on the card so I used my Copic markers in gray tones to color my fox.  I was going for a black and white image - I'm not sure if that came across but either way, I love the muted image against the technicolor background!


To complete the card, I stacked up all my pieces and then decided it needed some sparkle.  Bo Bunny Glitter Paste in Sugar did the trick!  This stuff is SO SPARKLY!!!  I love how this project turned out.  The three projects I did featuring this stamp set all have a very different feel and it was super fun to stretch my imagination so they didn't all turn out the same.


If you haven't already, head over the Facebook and join the two groups for TupeloDesignsLLC.  TDLLC is where you can post any project you create using your fab products purchased at the shop and TDLLCMM is a place to share mixed media creations!  Both groups are full of inspiration and crafty kinship as well as the new monthly challenge that will be starting in February!  The theme for February is My Favorite Things Die-namics products so be sure to share photos of all your projects using MFT in February in both groups to enter to win a prize!  Also, January 25th is Tupelo's birthday!  Yay!  And if you make him a birthday card and share a photo in the TDLLC group between January 25th and February 1st you will be eligible to win a prize!!  


Whew!  So much good stuff happening over at TupeloDesignsLLC right now!!  Don't forget about the craft mat giveaway (every purchase enters you to win), free shipping, discounted international shipping, and extra bonus points for referring a friend to the shop!  Thanks so much for joining me!  I'm anticipating a busy crafting weekend so stay tuned!  Have a great evening! Bye!

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
SUPPLIES
*All links are to TupeloDesignsLLC

2 comments

  1. Such a super cute card Tara. I love that stamp set and that glitter paste is SO PRETTY! I've never seen it before! LOVE IT! Great card!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This card is beautiful! I love the background and the fun black and white accents! So sharp! Thanks for linking up to our Inky Paws Challenge at Newton's Nook Designs.

    -Jen {Newton's Nook Designs}

    ReplyDelete