Merry Christmas to you! Today I am sharing my final project of the 2015 holiday season and it is a project for Paper Smooches for my December Guest Designer spot! I cannot believe it is Christmas Day or that I made it to 12 videos! Even more crazy is that I am typing this from my brand new Mac computer that my hubby put under the tree! Super exciting to play with the new software (my last computer was a PC) and learn all the new possibilities for my videos.
For today's project I created a robot Christmas using the adorable Boom Bots stamp set. I colored the little bots using some shiny silver ink and a blender pen so they would look metallic. The tree was masked off using Post-It tape and then created with all the fun little extras that come in this stamp set. I loved the challenge of taking this very non-Christmasy set and turning it jolly!
To create the custom sentiment I borrowed from another Paper Smooches stamp set and then performed some "stamp surgery" on one of the sentiments from Boom Bots. This may seem scary to cut up your stamps but it is a fabulous way to get more bang for your buck and you can always place them back together on your acrylic block and use them how they were originally intended.
I hope you enjoyed this final video in my Handmade Holiday video series for 2015. I cannot wait to dive into 2016 and see what crafty fun it holds! Merry Christmas to those that celebrate and happy holidays to all! Bye!
Paper Smooches products are linked to Paper Smooches. All other links to TupeloDesignsLLC when possible.
- Paper Smooches Boom Bots stamp set
- Paper Smooches Boom Bots coordinating dies
- Paper Smooches Warm Hearts stamp set
- Pretty Pink Posh Scalloped Frames dies
- American Crafts Holiday 6x6 paper pad
- Lawn Fawn Stitched Rectangles dies
- Recollections Silver embossing powder
- Zing Glitter Red embossing powder
- VersaFine Black Onyx ink
- VersaMark ink
- EK Success Powder Tool
- Silver Glitter cardstock
- Tsukineko Brilliance Starlite Silver ink
- Memento DewDrop Pear Tart ink
- Memento DewDrop Bamboo Shoot ink
- Memento DewDrop Ladybug ink
- Close to My Heart Blender Pen
- Christmas Red Stickles
- Close to My Heart stapler
- Scotch Foam Tape
- Zig Glue Pen
- Ranger Glossy Accents
- Neenah 110b Solar White cardstock
- Sakura Stardust Gelly Roll pens