FWF: DisTress with a Capital Tea!

Happy Friday evening!  Kennedy and I found time today to participate in our first Friends with Flair over at Unity Stamp Co. in basically forever!  So we're really excited to be participating again.  FWF is one of our favorite activities to do together so check out her Kards with Kennedy post if you haven't already.  She writes them herself and they basically rock the party.


For my entry I chose the Beau-tea-ful Friend stamp set and paper pieced the adorable little teacup.  I used a Ranger Emboss It pen to color in some of the accents and then heat emboss them in gold.  I think it really went a long way toward making this look like a set of china.


Then I distressed the heck out of the background and the teacup and my sentiment strips with some Vintage Photo Distress Ink.  I even tried the whole "crumple-my-paper-into-a-ball-and-then-uncrumple-it" look for some really neat vintage distressing.  Then I just used my Zig glue pen to adhere everything right onto the front of a 4.25" square cardbase made from Simon Says Stamp Olive cardstock.  A little Christmas Red Stickles on the steamy heart and this card was done!

Thanks for stopping by!  Don't forget to visit Kennedy's post and check out some of the videos I've been putting up!  See you all next time!  Bye! 

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
SUPPLIES  
  • Beau-tea-ful Friend stamps by Unity Stamp Co.
  • Distress Ink in Vintage Photo
  • Olivia's Sweet Shop paper pack by The Paper Studio
  • Recollections Gold Detail embossing powder
  • Ranger Emboss It pen
  • Christmas Red Stickles
  • Simon Says Stamp Olive cardstock
  • Scotch Advanced Tape Glider
  • Zig Glue pen 

6 comments

  1. This is really adorable, Tara. I like the distressing.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Fabulous! LOVE the distressed look, the fun sentiment and the fun way you've done the tea cup! LOVE this card!
    Shanna :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is very, very pretty - I love it! I never paper piece - I will have to try it.

    ReplyDelete
  4. The distressed background looks superb!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Lovely card. I love this image.

    ReplyDelete