Lawnscaping Challenge #101: Hello Friend

Happy Hump Day, all!  Today I put together a card for the Lawnscaping Challenge #101: Dots & Stripes!  I adore Lawn Fawn stamps and products and couldn't resist this whimsical challenge!


I chose the Feathered Friends stamp set and paired it with the Stitched Journaling dies - all from Lawn Fawn.  I used the stitched journal card die to create the window for my shaker card and added the little border of hearts from the die set below for a little extra adorable!
 

I then stamped the little snuggling birds from the stamp set along with the wire for them to perch on and several of the two different sizes of feathers.  I colored the images using Copic markers to coordinate with the fun colors in the paper I selected.  The papers are from the Now and Then 6x6 pad from My Mind's Eye.  

Once I had colored my images I fussy cut everything out - even the little wire! - and colored all of the edges with a black marker to make them look like they were cut out perfectly (I assure you they were not, this is a great trick!).

   

My sentiment was stamped on a more solid paper from the same pad in VersaMark and heat embossed in white on a banner I die cut using banner dies by Sizzix.  I had to elongate the banner to accommodate the sentiment.  This is an excellent way to get more use out of your dies.  Simply allow the die to hang off the cutting plate in your die cutting machine where you want it to stop cutting and then reposition the die to run it through again and continue cutting.  

Once everything was cut out I assembled my shaker using two layers of Scotch foam tape behind my window panel.  I put the feathers and some sparkly clear sequins in the shaker and, of course, covered all my little images with clear Wink of Stella glitter brush pen. 

I hope you enjoyed my entry in the Lawnscaping Challenge #101: Dots & Stripes.  Thanks for stopping by! 

5 comments

  1. Goodness what an adorable card! I love the blue and yellow color scheme and that polka dot paper! So cute! Thanks so much for playing along with us at Lawnscaping Challenges! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Super adorable card! I really love the colors you used, they are so much fun! Thanks for playing the Lawnscaping Challenge!
    -Samantha

    ReplyDelete
  3. Super sweet card! Love the birdies :)
    Thanks for playing with us at Lawnscaping 
    Hope to see you again next challenge
    Xx Tamara

    ReplyDelete
  4. Aw, what a great card! I love that set. I'm sad I missed out on it, but I love seeing other people use it. Thanks so much for playing along with us at Lawnscaping!

    ReplyDelete
  5. omgosh! this is SOOO sweet :) everyone is making wicked cute shaker cards- its tempting me to make one soon!! Thank you for playing a long with us at Lawnscaping Challenges!

    ReplyDelete