Hey, all! Welcome to Day 3 of my Handmade Holiday series for 2015! This has been a long and stressful week in my real life so I was happy to take a long weekend and retreat into crafty land with you all! For today's project I tried a new technique using a product you can add to your dry embossing folders to create a smooth surface inside your embossing. This let's you create the focal piece on the same piece of cardstock that you add the texture to. Super fun!
I'm using the Little Frosty Friends stamp set from Unity Stamp Co. I love their Littles line - every image is stinking adorable! I used some simple Copic coloring for the little snowguy and a few shades of Distress Inks to lightly distress the raised portions of the embossed background, creating even more texture and dimension. I cut little slits on the outside of the flat area that the snowguy is stamped in to allow my vellum sentiment to slide behind the image and come out the other side for a seamless look.
And, of course, I finished everything up with tons of sparkle! I used my Stardust Gelly Roll pens, Stickles, and Glossy Accents to make sure this card has glitz galore! And since there is so much glossy shine, I decided to enter this card in the Simon Says Stamp Monday Challenge: So Glossy! So bust out your Glossy Accents and go play along! For a full list of supplies and a full video tutorial, see below. I hope you enjoyed today's project and I'll see you soon with Day 4! Happy Friday! Bye!
*Amazon affiliate links used when possible
USC = Unity Stamp Co.
SSS = Simon Says Stamp
- Little Frosty Friends stamp set (USC)
- Mama Elephant Basic Die set (SSS)
- Hello Winter 6x6 Paper Pad from Echo Park*
- Neenah 110 lb Solar White Cardstock*
- Distress Inks in Weathered Wood*, Tumbled Glass*, and Spun Sugar*
- Copic Markers* - B000, B01, RV52, RV55, YR14, YR18, BG72, BG79
- Stardust Gelly Roll pens
- Darice Snowflake Swirl Design Embossing folder*
- Darice Embossing Folder Frames*
- Craft Foam*
- American Crafts Wood Veneer Hearts*
- Ranger Glossy Accents*
- Crystal Stickles*
- Ranger Multi Medium Matte*
- Tombow Mono Multi Glue*
- Lawn Fawn Deep Sea ink*
- Zig Glue Pen *
- Scotch Advanced Tape Glider*