VIDEO: Handmade Holiday 2015: Day 5 ~ Metallic Finish + The Greeting Farm

Hi guys!  Welcome back to another day of my Handmade Holiday video series!  I hope you've all had a very uneventful Friday the 13th (meaning nothing untoward has occurred, no scary guys in hockey masks, etc).  I tried to get this video up yesterday but was having some very technical difficulties and let me tell ya, computers are so not my thing!  But it seems to be working today so better late than never!


For today's project I am using the ADORABLE stamp set Let It Snow by The Greeting Farm.  This polar bear sipping his hot chocolate/coffee/tea/favorite winter beverage just stole my heart!  The layout I used was inspired by my favorite winter Bath & Body Works candle scent, Twisted Peppermint!  I wanted to create a fun red and white stripey holiday card to channel the yumminess of the season.  I dry embossed my background panel with some fun diagonal stripes (very peppermint) and then used some red Distress Inks to color the panel. Once that was done I covered the whole thing with Perfect Pearls and then lightly burnished it in using a dry paper towel.  After I had wiped off all the excess I gave it a couple of very light spritzes of plain water, holding my Mini Mister about a foot away to create a fine spray, just to set the Perfect Pearls.  This technique was inspired by this video by Jennifer McGuire (she's pretty fabulous)!


The polar bear was colored using Copic markers and I really like the sparkly two tone greeting I created using some sparkly embossing powders.  This card was super fun to make and came together pretty quickly.  Some finishing touches of Glossy Accents, Sparkling Clear sequins from Pretty Pink Posh with some Christmas Red Stickles in the center, and white gel pen snow really added some extra holiday spirit! 


Now that I am designing for TupeloDesignsLLC I will be linking any products that I can to their shop because it's too fabulous not to!  If I'm not able to link to TupeloDesignsLLC I will list the name of the product I used for your reference.  Only ten more days until we leave for Disneyworld so my brain is scattered in about a thousand different directions but I will try to get a couple more videos up before we leave!  The full video tutorial is linked above and the supplies are below.  Thanks for stopping by!  Happy Friday the 13th! Bye! 

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
SUPPLIES:
*All links are to TupeloDesignsLLC

3 comments