Growing In Unity: Day 2 ~ Fun with Patterned Papers

Hi all and welcome to Day 2 of my week as the Growing in Unity Girl!  Each day this week I am featuring a new project using stamps from the fabulous Unity Stamp Co.!  And at the end of the week I will draw TWO WINNERS from all of the comments left on the blog posts all week and those lucky folks will get 25 random stamps from Unity all for their very own!  Woo hoo!!  In case you missed it, don't forget to check out Day 1 and leave a comment so you get all the entries you can!


For today's post I am using the adorable You Bing Me Joy stamp set. I just love these cherries!  I thought this would be the perfect opportunity to bust out my Dear Lizzy Happy Place paper pad (I'm on a personal mission to use every sheet in this pad because it is just that cute!) and select some fab patterns to accompany this sweet image.  I knew there was a cherry patterned paper in there just calling my name!  


When I use multiple patterns on one layout I usually stick to one paper pad since they have already done the hard part and coordinated everything for me.  I have to admit, this type of design is not my strong suit so I love that these paper pads take the guess work out of it for me!  I usually pick one busier paper and then some more solid patterns that coordinate.  Sometimes, just for kicks, I'll see if I can incorporate another busy pattern in a small way - like the fun skinny banner with all the different fruit on it!


I hope you enjoyed today's project!  Don't forget to leave a comment to be entered to be one of TWO WINNERS!!  Check back in tomorrow for  a blog post and video!  Thanks so much guys!  Bye!

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
SUPPLIES COMING SOON!!

71 comments

  1. Very pretty! I love this stamp zet, its on my wish list!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh I love this card! That sentiment is too cute!! Love the paper too!!! Great job!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Very cute card using a fun Unity Stamp Company stamp set.

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is an adorable card & I love the sentiment!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Very cute. I like your choice of papers and the faces on the cherries.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Darling card! Love the cute cherries and the papers you used!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Oooo Tara! I love it. So cheerful and I love the "juicy" colors and texture dots <3 Thanks for the inspiration!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Cute card and
    lovely looking.
    Carla from Utah

    ReplyDelete
  9. This is super cute. I love the happy faces on the cherries and the sentiment is hilarious! Good job as always!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Great colors and coordinating papers! What a cute card!

    ReplyDelete
  11. I love your use of patterned paper! I totally agree, 6x6 pads take the stress out of mixing patterns!

    ReplyDelete
  12. I have a hard time coordinating patterned papers, too. Your card is adorable!

    Evelyn

    ReplyDelete
  13. Super cute card. And yay for inspiring me to use those paper pads with Unity's cute stamps.

    ReplyDelete
  14. Love the details on the cherries!!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Such a cute summery card, very yummy! :-)

    ReplyDelete
  16. Cherries and matching cherry paper! Too cute! And perfect at this time of year!

    ReplyDelete
  17. This card mirrors my life right now. Yesterday I bought fresh cherries, at the market, and they make me happy too!

    ReplyDelete
  18. lol i have to get that greeting

    ReplyDelete
  19. If I could just remember to layer like you did in this card my card making would go to the next level. Thanks for the tips

    ReplyDelete
  20. those cherries and that wonky stitch bg. So cute!

    ReplyDelete
  21. Super cute card! I love mixing patterns. My mom says I'm brave to do it with curtains but I just make it up as I go. :)

    ReplyDelete
  22. So cute!! I will have to make this one!! :-)

    ReplyDelete
  23. Omg the sentiment you chose for this card is a riot! 😂😂 love the layers and the small staples to hold your banner! I want cherries now!

    ReplyDelete
  24. That sentiment is the BEST! I totally need to get that one.

    ReplyDelete
  25. Fun card. Love your happy cherries. Hugz

    ReplyDelete
  26. That is way too adorable and sweet! Love it!

    ReplyDelete
  27. The cherries are adorable. I love how they are shiny, too

    ReplyDelete
  28. This is an all around fun card ... lovin' that sentiment with the smiling cherries!

    ReplyDelete
  29. Cute card! I'm always looking for punny saying & images. My husband is super corny. Jil

    ReplyDelete
  30. Super cute card. Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  31. Very cute! I love the cherries! Very happy and summery. :)

    ReplyDelete
  32. I love the staples! See if I used staples I wouldn't like it. But you use them and it looks great!

    ReplyDelete
  33. I love cherries! And your beautiful card is perect for summer :)

    ReplyDelete
  34. I love the sentiment on this card! :o)

    ReplyDelete
  35. Tara, fun, sweet, adorable card.

    ReplyDelete
  36. Too cute, and there's nothing that says summer more than cherries. :)

    ReplyDelete
  37. I love the cherries!! Cute card!!

    ReplyDelete
  38. Adorable card Tara!!! Love the red cherries!!

    ReplyDelete
  39. Beautiful coloring. This card turned out adorable!

    ReplyDelete
  40. Such a cute card! I'm so happy I started following you, as I wasn't familiar with Unity stamps, and I'm in love!!!

    ReplyDelete
  41. Oh this is so cute! I love cherries and the sentiment is perfect. Using the different patterns by adding the little banners gave me some inspiration for a birthday card I need to make. TFS

    ReplyDelete
  42. Hehehehe....what a fun and clever card! Love the mix of patterns and the cheerful little cherries!!
    <3 J

    jwoolbright at gmail dot com
    HerPeacefulGarden.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  43. Always looking for a fun summer card... This is super cute aND love the colors.

    ReplyDelete
  44. Always looking for a fun summer card... This is super cute aND love the colors.

    ReplyDelete
  45. Such fun cherries and lovely choice of patterned paper.

    ReplyDelete
  46. Love it! That greeting is too cute!

    ReplyDelete
  47. You are right. These papers are a perfect compliment to this cherry image. So cute!

    ReplyDelete
  48. Such a gorgeous card! fantastic cherries and great design!
    xoxo Olga

    ReplyDelete
  49. I love how cheerful the cherries are.

    ReplyDelete
  50. I love how cheerful the cherries are.

    ReplyDelete