Mint Owl Studio: Fuse Tool Shaker featuring Beach Babe

Hello, everyone!  Today I am sharing a super fun shaker card project with you for Mint Owl Studio!  I really wanted to use the adorable new stamp set Beach Babe and I thought it would be fun to create my own patterned paper with all of the little accessory stamps in this set.


I've been wanting to try the technique where you ink up the back of a stamp to apply color to an image.  This was really easy to do and creates a fun color-block look.  I used all Lawn Fawn inks and got great results!  Just stamp the black outline, clean the stamp, then flip it over so the solid back gets inked up.  Stamp over your black lined image and you got yourself a colored stamp!  


I used some Spectrum Noir Sparkle Pens to add some accents to the images and to color some white cardstock and then stamp the sentiment in white heat embossing on top.  In person these cards sparkle like crazy!


Finally, I cut the piece of 8.5x11 patterned paper I'd created into four panels and die cut them using a stitched die.  I then die cut some regular stamp storage pockets using a scalloped die.  I adhered a patterned panel to a piece of the clear acetate then used my Fuse Tool to put another piece of acetate on top.  I Fused three sides, filled the shaker with all kinds of fun confetti, then sealed the final side for a shaker that covers the entire front of the card.


I had a blast creating these cards!  I hope you all have a great day and I'll see you again soon!  Bye!

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
SUPPLIES COMING SOON!

29 comments

  1. This s way cool...A shaker on steroids!!! I haven't used a fuse tool. Is it pretty simple?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Wendy! It is not too bad to use. Once I figured out that I like to use mine with a craft foam cushion underneath it became a lot easier. I had to practice a bit though. Ruined a couple of shakers before I got the hang of it! LOL

      Delete
  2. So pretty! I love the idea of inking the back of the stamp to fill in!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I've seen other crafters do it and really wanted to try it. It's so easy! And good for a nice simple look. Thanks so much, Anne!

      Delete
  3. I saw these on ig, really fab shaker cards, love all the shimmery stars!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love shaker
    cards and yours
    is full of fun!
    Carla from Utah

    ReplyDelete
  5. Please do a shaker card series, featuring your fuse tool???!!! I love your shakers because you never "skimp" on the elements!!! Love this card!!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Good idea, Chayne!! I'll see what I can come up with. Thanks for the inspiration, my dear!

      Delete
  6. Oh Wow! I Think these would also make great birthday cards because of the shaker aspect. Great idea with the inking! gonna try it.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Oh Wow! I Think these would also make great birthday cards because of the shaker aspect. Great idea with the inking! gonna try it.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Love how you fused on the front using the scalloped piece!

    ReplyDelete
  9. I love shaker cards and this one is so beautiful! gorgeous!
    xoxo Olga

    ReplyDelete
  10. Love the card and the microbeads are a wonderful addition. Have to look for them. The flower stamp is gorgeous. Thanks.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Love shaker cards esp. Super sparkly ones!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I like to make everything super sparkly!! Thank you, Cathy!

      Delete