You're Awesome!: Take Three

I don't know about you but with Christmas right around the corner I'm finding it difficult to get anything made that doesn't have Santa Claus or Rudolph on it! But I really wanted to take a break from yuletide crafting to make the third "You're Awesome!" card for my husband's co-workers.

For this card I used all products from the December 2014 Card Kit from Simon Says Stamp.  Now, I tend to gravitate more toward the cutesy images that can be colored and whimsical so this stamp set with it's geometric images and clean lines was tricky for me to work with.  I do love the way all of the elements can be repeated to create fun backgrounds so I decided to create my own embossed cardstock using the Ranger Platinum embossing powder from the kit.

I then made a little window for my custom sentiment and got to use the great stitched and sketched circle in the stamp set.  I finished it all up with a great technique I got from Kristina Werner's videos - embossing the edges of the card. This is an easy, simple way to really make your card feel finished.  Just brush the edges of your card with your VersaMark ink pad, like you would to distress the edges. Then sprinkle with embossing powder and heat set. 

I hope you all enjoy!  Check out my first two "You're Awesome!" blogs and let me know how you think I'm doing with my challenge to make them all totally unique. I hope you all have very happy holidays and thanks for stopping by!

No comments

Post a Comment