FWF: Stamped Photo Frame

It's Friday again, yay! For my Unity Friends With Flair entry this week I have not a card but a fun, hanging photo frame!

The frame was purchased at my local craft store and was a blank canvas calling out to me to be stamped!  I used images and a sentiment from some kits of the month to create a scattered floral scene directly on the frame.  I colored the images using Prismacolor pencils, again directly on the frame itself.  I must say, I was pleased with how well this worked. It was kind of an experiment and I wasn't sure what I was going to get!

Finally, I added a coating of mod podge to protect the coloring and adhere the sentiment and this cute wood veneer bird that I painted and distressed.

I hope you enjoyed this "out of the box" way to use those gorgeous Unity images. Thanks for stopping by and I'll catch you next time!

14 comments

  1. Saw this on the Unity Friends with Flair. Your altered frame is gorgeous!! I thought the bird was metal until I read your description...

    ReplyDelete
  2. Very fun frame! Great idea to use pencils!

    ReplyDelete
  3. This came out so cool! Wonderful project!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Your frame is wonderful. Thanks for sharing.
    I'm stopping by from Unity's Friends with Flair.
    Crafty hugs,
    Dawn
    Designs By Dragonfly {blogspot}

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love to see mixed media art . Yours is fantastic
    Paula

    ReplyDelete
  6. The flowers and bird look great on the frame. So creative.

    ReplyDelete
  7. This is WONDERFUL!!! Love the use of the monthly inspiration palette from Unity. Such a pretty floral design....and the sweet bird veneer is just the right touch. Terrific project!!!
    <3 J

    jwoolbright at gmail dot com
    HerPeacefulGarden.blogspot,.com

    ReplyDelete
  8. this is just great. love finding a treasure and having a vision to turn it into something new. fantastic elements!! and hey...your blog name is adorable! ~Donna K @ Studio307

    ReplyDelete
  9. Oh wow - this is just amazing! I love all the great details -what a wonderful way to add your artwork to your home decor!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Very pretty with the flowers and bird.

    ReplyDelete
  11. I love this. I saw something like this at a craft store but did not have the vision like you have so I did not get it. I love the stamping on it. Fantastic.

    ReplyDelete