You're Awesome!: Take Five

It's Monday again so I thought I'd spruce up the day with the final version of the AWESOME cards I have made for my husband's co-workers (to see all five check out my other You're Awesome! posts)!

For this last installment I wanted to create a one-layer card using kraft cardstock.  I chose to use the insanely adorable Into the Woods stamp set from Lawn Fawn.  I really wanted to try doing some Prismacolor coloring with gamsol on kraft and this little fox provided the perfect opportunity.  He's not too big or intricate but creating the reddish fur required blending some reds and browns - so a challenge without being too complicated :)  
Once the fox was on his log and the sentiment was added the card still seemed a little bland so I took the fun arrow from the set and created a vertical border.  I totally lucked out and got the spacing perfect so four of them fit without going off the edge of the card (no idea how I pulled that off on the first try!).  I added the arrow to the You're Awesome custom sentiment on the inside to tie it in to the front.  A little Wink of Stella Clear Glitter Brush Pen and some white dash lines finished it off.



 Here is a look at all five AWESOME cards!  Which one is your favorite??  I think I did pretty well at meeting the challenge I set for myself to make each card unique but still use the same sentiment.  I really had some opportunities to stretch my card-making comfort zone and learned a few new techniques along the way!  Thanks so much for stopping by for the grand finale of my AWESOME card challenge.  Don't forget to leave me a comment and say hi!  

1 comment