3D Thursday: Be My Valentine - Pillow Box and Shaker Card

Happy New Year!!  I don't know about you all but I am feeling energized and ready for 2015!  And I'm kicking off the new year with a couple of projects inspired by Cupid himself.  Christmas is over so it's time to bust out the candy hearts and pink glitter :)

Every Thursday I'm going to feature a 3D project.  One of my goals for 2015 is to find fun new uses for all of the amazing stamps and products that are out there.  I also love paper crafting and creating 3D projects with paper so I really want to combine those two passions - and I figured I'd share it with you!

This week I started with something simple.  I got a Pillow Box Punch Board from We R Memory Keepers and wanted to try it out.  I think these would be adorable for Valentine's Day to hand out some sweets, maybe for your kids to take to school and give to their friends.  This punch board makes them super quick and easy to assemble, too!  Before I created my box I used an embossing folder from Darice to spruce up the Neena white cardstock.  I used Spun Sugar Distress Ink to add a little pink and then punched the box.  I tied on a little tag I made using Unity Stamp Co. stamps to finish it off.

 I wanted to create a card to go with the little treat box and I think shaker cards are a lot of fun, however, I have only made one so I need some practice!  For this card I tried using a foam sheet instead of foam tape to create the dimension and ensure there were no gaps that the glitter could escape through.  I used my Big Shot to cut the foam into the frame shape.  It was much easier than I expected - I think the foam will be my shaker go to in the future!  The sentiment on the card is also from Unity Stamp Co.  

I hope you enjoy this week's 3D project!  Happy New Year to you all and thanks for stopping by!  

No comments

Post a Comment