Best Selfie Ever: Distress Ink Fun

Happy Sunday!!  I hope that the football teams you wanted to win scored a victory today.  My teams split with one win (Go Rams!) and one loss (we'll get 'em next week, Jets!) but it was still a great day of snuggling in with my hubby watching Red Zone for hours on end - just one more glorious thing about fall!

Anyway,  I received the great big order I'd been waiting on from Unity Stamp Co. the other day and I couldn't wait to try out the Gina and Me Kit!  When I started I didn't have a clear vision of the finished product (I'm a bad crafter that way, I often start with one element without planning ahead) but I knew I wanted to play with my Tim Holtz Distress Inks and Distress Markers to color in the super cute image of the best friends that comes with the kit.  

I opted to use my acrylic blocks to dab ink onto or scribble onto with the markers and then use my watercolor brushes to color the image.  Images made with Unity stamps are always so much fun to color in - they stamp so clearly and have so much detail that I really get to use a lot of colors and creative combinations.  

Once the image was colored, I added just a light watercolor wash for the sky and ground and trimmed up the image using my Fiskars paper cutter, rounded the corners, and added a funky little outline with a fine point Sharpie.  Then the real fun began . . . 

Using Picked Raspberry, Spun Sugar, and Peacock Feathers Distress Ink I squished the colors all over my waxed paper (I don't have a craft mat yet but it's on my Christmas wish list . . .), spritzed them all with some water, and then smushed the little piece of watercolor paper all around in the colors.  Then I heat set the paint and went at it again, repeating this process until I liked the effect.  The sentiment fit perfectly and I thought the slightly off kilter bottom edge just added to the fun, funky feel of the card.  

I mounted it all on a 3.75"x6" card base and voila, the finished product!





I'm really loving how it turned out!  The sequins, glossy accents on the little cell phone, and Stickles on her shirt really help add that extra something.  Thanks for stopping by to check out my latest creation!  Now back to my Unity stash to play with the other great stamps that came in my order!! 

No comments

Post a Comment