Sequins & Owls: Watercolor on Canvas

I love browsing the blogs of other craft aficionados and drawing inspiration from the amazing creative minds of others.  I am new to the wonderful world of stamping and card making so I spend a lot of time perusing the how-to's and enjoying all the really unique ways people come up with to use their stamps.  

I have really been enjoying my Distress Inks and using them to watercolor images on watercolor paper but this week I decided to take it one step further and try something I'd seen done by several of the talented folks whose blogs I have been following - stamping on canvas.

I really enjoyed how my first piece turned out!  I used Unity Stamp Co's Older, Wiser, Better Owl and stamped her on a 2" x 2" canvas.  I was worried that the image would not come out clearly in the center where there is no wooden frame to support the stamp. To ensure that I got clean lines I placed my canvas on top of my stamp rather than stamping onto the canvas and used one of the Mini Distress Inks (with the lid on) to apply pressure to the area inside of the wooden frame.  The image came out great and I was really pleased with how smoothly the watercolor Distress Inks painted onto the canvas.  And of course, some sequins add that final bit of dazzle that this lovely little owl needs.
 
I also used Whitney Girl from Unity Stamp Co on a 4" x 4" canvas to make a birthday gift for a friend. I think I'm hooked!  I can't wait to find more uses for these fun, funky little pieces!
Thanks for stopping by!  Leave me a comment and say hi!  I'd love to see all the great things you all are creating! 
 

1 comment