Happy Hump Day! I got super ambitious for Day 2 of my Handmade Halloween video series and busted out a set of SIX cards! Now before you start thinking I spent an entire day on this video, I'll stop you by saying that I used my new MISTI tool and it made this project a total breeze!
For those of you that aren't familiar with it, MISTI stands for Most Incredible Stamp Tool Invented and it completely lives up to it's name! It is a stamp positioning tool that allows you to place your stamps and then stamp over and over in the exact same location, perfect for creating multiples of the same card or making sure you get a nice crisp image on a really big, solid stamp - both of which I do in this project!
These cards feature some fabulous images from Unity Stamp Co. (they are the first company I ever bought stamps from and they have a very special place in my heart) and LOTS of distress inking! By the end of this set I was inkier than the cards!
These backgrounds were so much fun to create as I dug through all my vibrant colors to complete my technicolor, neon Halloween cards. Overall, this card is a very simple layout and design and it would go pretty quickly if you only wanted to make one. As it was, it only took me about an hour and half to create all six! Thanks, MISTI!
I loved these cards so much I decided to enter them in a couple of challenges that are going on out there in the craft world. First, the Sparkle and Shine Challenge (because those Clear Droplets from the fabulous Pretty Pink Posh are sparkle perfection!) and also in the Simon Says Stamp Monday Challenge: Monster Mash (cuz this spooky project was a monster undertaking for me!). Go check those out and submit your entries to play along!
I've listed all of the supplies used below as well as linked to the full video tutorial. Don't forget to check out Day 1 of my Handmade Halloween series and stop back by in a few days for Day 3! I hope you all enjoyed this set of six Halloween card featuring Unity Stamp Co. I'll catch you next time! Bye!
*Amazon affiliate links used when possible
- MISTI by My Sweet Petunia
- Haunted House Halloween by Unity Stamp Co.
- Around the Edge by Dyllusions
- VersaFine Black Onyx pigment ink*
- Simon Says Stamp Clear embossing powder
- Canson XL Cold Press Watercolor paper*
- Stitched Rectangle dies by Lawn Fawn - Large*, Small*
- Batty Border die by Memory Box (this is on clearance!)
- Distress Inks in Mustard Seed*, Spiced Marmalade*, Ripe Persimmon*, Barn Door*, Victorian Velvet*, Dusty Concord*, Seedless Preserves*, Twisted Citron*, Crushed Olive*, Peeled Paint*, Worn Lipstick*, Picked Raspberry*, Abandoned Coral*, Hickory Smoke*, Black Soot*, Broken China*, Mermaid Lagoon*, & Blueprint Sketch*
- 4mm Clear Droplets by Pretty Pink Posh
- 6mm Clear Droplets by Pretty Pink Posh
- Scotch Advanced Tape Glider*
- Zig Glue Pen*
- Ranger Multi Medium Matte*
- Heidi Swapp Tinsel Color Shine spray*
- Ranger Perfect Pearls*
- Simon Says Stamp White Pigment Ink
- Yellow Stickles*