Happy almost Halloween and welcome to the final day of my Handmade Halloween video series for 2015! It has been a super exciting week in my crafty world because I relocated my craft room from the dark bedroom in the corner to the bright and spacious room where I can sit in front of the window while I create! I'm super jazzed and couldn't wait to film my first video in my new space! However, it also means I'm a little behind because I got all distracted and stuff ;)
Anyway, for today's project I wanted to go for a bit of a cleaner card and I really wanted to try to make an interactive pop-up card using the adorable little ghost in the Got Candy? stamp set from Essentials by Ellen line sold at Ellen Hutson, LLC. This set was designed by Julie Ebersole and I gotta tell you guys, it's basically too cute for words. This was my first Essentials by Ellen stamp set and I am super impressed with the quality and the customer service that I received when I placed my order at Ellen Hutson, LLC. I will be ordering more, hopefully, soon!
So I did some simple masking and Copic coloring for my little pumpkins and then some partial fussy cutting to create the front panel. The little ghost is on a paper strip that allows him to pop up and say "Boo!" and the strip has some strategically placed foam tape on and around it to ensure he doesn't go too far up or too far down. Now, this was my first time ever trying to do a card with this interactive element so my way is probably not the most efficient AND I made some oopsies mistakes that I can learn from for my next attempt - such as have a bigger pull tab so you don't rip it!
Overall, I think this turned out pretty darn well for a first try and you can check out the full tutorial (oopsies included) by clicking on the video link below. Thanks so much for stopping by! I'm going to be starting up my Handmade Holiday series in the next few days and I'm super excited to get my Christmas craft on! Have a great evening! Bye!
*Amazon affiliate links used when possible
EH = Ellen Hutson, LLC
SSS = Simon Says Stamp
- Got Candy? stamps set from Essentials by Ellen (EH)
- Neenah 110 lb Solar White Cardstock *
- Simon Says Stamp Black cardstock (SSS)
- Copic Markers* - C1, C3, W1, W3, W5, 0, YR14, YR18, YR68, E57, G94, G99
- Memento Tuxedo Black Ink*
- Batty Border die by Memory Box (on clearance!)(EH)
- VersaMark Ink*
- Ranger Super Fine White Embossing Powder*
- Lots of Stars die by Mama Elephant (EH)
- American Crafts Glitter 6x6 Paper Pad in Silver, Black, and Gold* (I did not use this brand on this card but love their stuff!)
- Wink of Stella Clear Glitter Brush Pen*
- Scotch Advanced Tape Glider*
- Scotch 3M Foam Tape*
- Ranger Multi Medium Matte*
- Black Soot Distress Marker*
- Signo White Uniball gel Pen*