Hi there and welcome to Day 1 of my Halloween video series, Handmade Halloween! For this series I will create five Halloween projects featuring all kinds of goodies from some of my favorite crafty companies so stay tuned for more!
To kick things off I wanted to use this absolutely purr-fect image from the Trick or Treat stamp set by Simon Says Stamp. This set has been out for a while but it is new to me so I had a lot of fun coloring this image! My favorite color combo for Halloween is purple and black. I just love the way they look together so I created my own patterned paper using these colors and a spiderweb stencil by Carta Bella.
To keep everything coordinated I used the Seedless Preserves Distress Ink (love the pink tones in this!) for my card base as well as the base of my patterned paper. I finished it off with some Black Soot and Hickory Smoke Distress Inks for a super fun contrast. Dracula Kitty is colored using Copic markers and I couldn't resist coloring him like my Egon kitty to add a splash of orange.
This card has lots of die cutting, including the part that inspired me to do a Halloween shaker - these adorable bats that pop out when you use the Batty Border die by Memory Box. They make the greatest shaker confetti! And this scripty Halloween is so dainty and is the perfect pair for the kitty image. I layered up three of those scripty sentiments to provide some stability to this super fragile die cut.
And that is the project for today! Join me for Handmade Halloween: Day 2 (coming soon) as well as my 200 YouTube Subscriber GIVEAWAY that you can still enter until this Friday! I am really close to 300 subscribers now and if I hit that mark before the end of the giveaway I'll draw a fourth winner! The video tutorial is linked below as well as all of the supplies I used for this project. Thanks so much for joining me! Bye!
*Amazon affiliate links used when possible
- Simon Says Stamp Trick or Treat stamp set (THIS IS ON SALE!!)
- Simon Says Stamp Halloween Craft Dies
- Spider Webs Stencil by Carta Bella
- Distress Inks in Seedless Preserves, Black Soot, and Hickory Smoke
- Batty Border Die by Memory Box (THIS IS ON SALE!!!)
- Copic Markers - YR14, YR18, YR61, 0, V09, V22, V25
- Pierced Square Dies by My Favorite Things
- Nesting Circle Dies by We R Memory Keepers
- Black Cardstock from Simon Says Stamp
- Neenah Solar White 110 lb Cardstock
- Craft Foam
- Tombow Mono Multi Glue
- Zig Glue Pen
- Scotch Advanced Tape Glider
- 4 mm Marshmallow Sequins from Pretty Pink Posh
- Wink of Stella Clear Glitter Brush pen
- Memento Tuxedo Black ink
- StazOn Jet Black ink
- Ranger Craft Sheet
- Distress Ink Mini Blending Tool