Unity {be inspired} Challenge 2015 #1: Prismacolor on Kraft Shaker Card

It's time for the first Unity {be inspired} Challenge of 2015!  I just got some new Unity stamps that I could not wait to try out so I inked them up for this great color inspiration.


I've been experimenting with Prismacolor pencils on kraft cardstock lately so I colored my adorable little sleepy mouse with Primsacolors before adding some Wink of Stella glitter brush pen over his sweet heart ears and all the floaty hearts in his dream.

I stamped my sentiment on top of the acetate that I used for my shaker window.  I use black StazOn ink to stamp on the clear plastic - which I cut from some stamp packaging.  Now, here is where I made a little mistake - I wanted the little heart I stamped with my sentiment to be white so I colored it in with my white gel pen and then attempted to hit it with my heat tool really quickly to dry it and avoid smearing.  I overestimated the heat tolerance of my plastic and it started to shrink up a bit under the heat.  Oops!  But overall I think the card still turned out super cute, proving that in crafting even the imperfections are part of the art!

 

Thanks so much for stopping by!  I can't wait to see what great ideas you all come up with for the Unity {be inspired} Challenge.  Leave me a comment and let me know what you thought, what you'd like to see more of, how your day was, or whatever you'd like!  I just love to hear from you all. Also, visit Curl E. Cue's on Facebook and hit that LIKE button!  My page is brand new and I'm hoping to hit 100 LIKES soon - maybe I'll have a giveaway when I do . . . Have a great night!

5 comments

  1. This is adorable! Thank you for sharing! I am feeling inspired now...time to create! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. That little mouse is just the cutest thing ever! Thanks for sharing with us.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Tara, do you mind me asking what the name of this stamp is? I just have to have it! This is such a cute card!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi, Penne! Sorry it took so long for me to get back to you! This is Mice of You. You can find it here: unitystampco.com/shop/mice

      Delete
    2. This comment has been removed by the author.

      Delete