VIDEO: Creating a Scene with Paper Smooches & Zig Markers

Good evening and thanks for stopping by to check out my latest project featuring the adorable Paper Smooches Forest Whimsy stamp set and the ever popular Zig Clean Color Real Brush markers.  I'm just going to start by saying that this card snuck right into my heart and set up shop.  I am simply enamored with this little gnomey guy and the dandelion whimsy background (you gotta watch the video to get the reference . . . )


I colored all of my images using my beloved Ziggy Zig markers and fussy cut them right up to the line so I could build my little scene.  For the hills, I used the Lawn Fawn Stitched Rectangle and Stitched Hillside Borders dies and then used a few different embossing folders to add some texture and dimension.  And just for kicks, I then distressed over that dimension with some Peeled Pain Distress Ink to create a really rich background for Mr. Gnomey to hang out in.


For a full list of supplies used for this project, just scroll down.  And to see a complete tutorial from start to finish, check out the video on my YouTube channel.  


I am entering this project in the current Anything Goes Paper Smooches Sparks Challenge.  I love all of the Paper Smooches sets and you should all go enter the challenge!  They have some way cute free digital downloads you can print with you home computer and then use on your projects to enter the challenge if you don't have any PS stamps. How cool is that?!


Thanks again for joining me for this project!  Don't forget to check out the giveaway I'm doing now to celebrate 50 YouTube subscribers!  There are freebies, you wanna check it out :)  Have a great night! Bye! 

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
SUPPLIES
  • Paper Smooches Forest Whimsy stamp set
  • Zig Clean Color Real Brush markers - set of 60
  • Canson XL cold press watercolor paper 
  • Lawn Fawn Stitched Rectangles and Stitched Hillside Borders dies
  • Distress Inks in Spiced Marmalade, Picked Raspberry, Spun Sugar, and Peeled Paint
  • Swiss Dots embossing folder by Cuttlebug
  • Chevron embossing folder by Lifestyle Crafts
  • Vertical Stripes 5"x7" embossing folder by Darice
  • Simon Says Stamp cardstock in Green Apple, Olive, and Greenleaf
  • Kraft cardbase 
  • Ranger Perfect Pearls
  • Scotch Advanced Tape Glider
  • Zig Glue pen
  • 3D Foam Tape by Best Creation Inc
  • Micro Glue Dots
  • Pretty Pink Posh Sparkling Clear Sequins in 8mm, 6mm, and 4mm
  • Ranger Glossy Accents  
  • VersaMark ink
  • Ranger Super Fine Detail white embossing powder

6 comments

  1. This is a SUPER FUN Card!! I LOVE the Scene and the Colors!! THANKS for sharing the Video too and for joining us on the Paper Smooches SPARKS Challenge Blog!! =) I hope you'll join us again next week!!?? Have a Fabulous Week!! =)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Larissa! Love PSS and now that I'm finally getting a few PS stamp sets, I hope to be able to play along more often :)

      Delete
  2. That is just adorable Tara. No wonder you want to keep it! LOL

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Who knows what I'll do with it but I just can't seem to part with it! :)

      Delete
  3. I saw your card featured on the Paper Smooches FB page as one of our "FB Featured Players" from the August Anything Goes (wk3) challenge--- congrats! 

    What an awesome card- I love your background design! LOVE LOVE LOVE! Can't wait to check out your video!

    THANKS so much for joining in the fun and playing along with us over at PSS! Hope you play along again soon:) HUGS <3 Sav 

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks so much!! I was so thrilled and honored to be a FB Featured Player on the Paper Smooches page. I will definitely be participating in the PSS challenges in the future!

      Delete