Hi there and welcome to another Close to My Heart Edition blog post and video! Today we are gettin' Ziggy wit' it and bustin' out my brand new beautiful box of Zig Clean Color Real Brush markers. I'm a bit enamored with these things . . . watch the video, I only mention how much I love them about 8,000 times.
For this project I featured some beautiful stamp sets from Close to My Heart, both of which are retiring at the end of this month so be sure to follow the links to get yours while you still can! I kind of really want a Heidi Swapp Minc machine what with foiling being all the rage right now but since I'm trying to be good and not spend all our money on crafty goodness I decided to create the gold foil look with some heat embossing. Something about the gold embossing on kraft cardstock really speaks to me!
I used In the Background for the gorgeous gold filigree and Lifting Spirits to create this whimsical, romantic card. And, of course, my Ziggy markers. For a look at how well these bad boys blend all by themselves - no artistic talent required, trust me - check out the video tutorial below.
A full list of the supplies I used can be found below and I thank you for stopping by! I hope you found some inspiration for your CTMH goodies and a strong desire to get Ziggy wit' it! See you all next time! Bye!
- Close to My Heart My Acrylix Lifting Spirits stamp set
- Close to My Heart In the Background stamp set
- Close to My Heart Non-stick Micro-tip scissors
- Close to My Heart Kraft cardstock
- VersaMark ink
- Mama Elephant Basic Set die set
- We R Memeory Keepers circle stackables dies
- Recollections Gold Detail embossing powder (or Ranger Gold embossing powder will work as well)
- Zig Clean Color Real Brush markers - set of 60
- Distress Inks in Stormy Sky, Salty Ocean, and Chipped Sapphire
- Canson watercolor paper
- Zig Glue Pen
- Scotch Foam Tape
- Golden Rod Stickles
- Fiskars craft knife
- Scotch Advanced Tape Glider
- Inkadinkado Stamping Mask Paper