Good morning! Welcome back to another project post and video. Today I am creating an entry for the current Lawnscaping Challenge #112: Embossing. I was quite inspired by this one and did some heat embossing and dug into my collection of embossing folders and dry embossed the elements of this little scene.
All of the elements for this card were colored using Prismacolor pencils on kraft or colored cardstock. I love the vibrant color that this technique provides. Usually when I used this form of coloring I'm creating a one-layer card so it was fun to try something new and fussy cut all of these elements out of the kraft.
I used about four stamp sets and two die sets from Lawn Fawn for this scene. I love to combine all of their amazingly cute images to add complexity and depth to my projects. I have listed all of the supplies I used below if you're interested. It's also fun to take the stamps and do something with them that maybe wasn't the original intent of the stamp. For example, I used the yeti from the Yeti, Set, Go stamp set and made him Bigfoot. I'm up in the Pacific Northwest and I just felt this was the most appropriate use of this little guy.
Thanks for stopping by for this Lawnscaping Challenge entry! You can see a full tutorial in the video below as well as a list of all the supplies if you keep on scrolling. I'll be back soon with another entry that I put together using the leftover elements from this card . . . always a great way to stretch your supplies! See you soon! Bye!
- Critters in the Forest by Lawn Fawn
- Happy Trails by Lawn Fawn
- Yeti, Set, Go by Lawn Fawn
- Woodgrain Backdrops by Lawn Fawn
- Stitched Rectangle dies by Lawn Fawn
- Stitched Hillside Border dies by Lawn Fawn
- Prismacolor pencils - set of 150
- Prismacolor blending pencils
- Prismacolor pencil sharpener
- Simon Says Stamp cardstock in Olive, Green Leaf, Green Apple, and Dark Chocolate
- Simon Says Stamp Clear Embossing powder
- VersaMark ink
- Ranger Archival Black Ink
- Simon Says Stamp White Pigment ink
- Cloud embossing folder by Darice
- Diagonal stripe embossing folder by Darice
- Chevron embossing folder by Lifestyle Crafts
- Herring bone embossing folder by Lifestyle Crafts
- Swiss Dots embossing folder by Cuttlebug
- Distress Inks in Peeled Paint, Walnut Stain, and Forest Moss
- Scotch Foam Tape
- Advanced Tape Glider
- Zig Glue Pen
- Wink of Stella clear glitter brush pen
- Ranger Glossy Accents
- Kraft cardstock