Hi there! Thanks for joining me for another fun card project! For this card I used a background that I have had sitting on my desk for weeks now and busted out my brand new September card kit from Simon Says Stamp!
I created this background using my Zig Clean Color Real Brush markers. I just scribbled a bunch of colors on some watercolor cardstock and then spritzed the whole thing with some plain ol' water. It was an experiment to see how well the pens reacted with water and what types of backgrounds I could create. I liked how it turned out so I kept it for future use, and low and behold, I was struck by inspiration when I saw the super fun doodled balloons in the Birthday Bits stamp set that comes in the September Simon Says Stamp Card Kit!
I used a fun technique that I learned from this video by Jennifer McGuire (LOVE HER! I learn SO MUCH about techniques from her channel) on how to create a metallic finish by rubbing Perfect Pearls over Distress Inks. I go through it step-by-step in the video so if you're interested, click the link below for my video and the link above for Jennifer's.
I really love how vibrant and whimsical (my very favorite adjective) this card turned out. The Zig markers really created a much brighter background than I've ever been able to achieve using my Distress Inks. I love having this as a new option for backgrounds! Since this card turned out so very colorful, I decided to enter it in the current Simon Says Stamp Wednesday Challenge which is all about color! Go check it out!
I am headed out of town for work - I work for the Oregon Department of Forestry and I get to go help with paying some bills for the fires that were in Eastern Oregon - so this will be the last video for a little while but when I get back next week I'll be itching to create so keep an eye out! Thanks so much for stopping by! Bye!
*Amazon affiliate links used when possible
- SSS Birthday Bits stamp set from the
- Simon Says Stamp September Card Kit
- Zig Clean Color Real Brush Markers - 60 count
- Distress Inks in Picked Raspberry, Peacock Feathers, Mustard Seed, and Dusty Concord
- Ranger Perfect Pearls in Perfect Pearl, Grape Fizz, and Perfect Gold
- Neenah 110 lb Solar White Cardstock
- Scotch Advanced Tape Glider
- Zig Glue Pen
- Ranger Archival ink
- Lawn Fawn Stitched Rectangles dies
- Lawn Fawn Scripty Thanks Die (I don't know the brand of the one I used so I linked to the Lawn Fawn one)
- Mama Elephant Lots of Stars die
- Large star dies (not sure of the brand, sorry! Here are some good ones by Paper Smooches, though! Paper Smooches Star Dies)
- Canson XL Cold Press Watercolor paper
- Silver Glitter Cardstock
- Black Gelly Roll pen