Hi all! I did it, I started creating Halloween cards! Eeee!! I know, I know . . . it's only September. But can we just all agree that Halloween and fall stamps are THE BEST???? It is my favorite time of year and I couldn't wait another minute to jump into the craftiness of it all!
Today I am sharing a project I created for the current Lawnscaping Challenge: Texture. When I saw this challenge I instantly heard some embossing paste calling my name so I busted out the black embossing paste and a couple of stencils and just went to town! I recently created a video where I shared a card using a background made with Zig Clean Color Real Brush Markers - BUT I already had the background made so I didn't get to share how I did it. For this card I wanted to recreate a simple version of that background for you all.
My witchy ghost is from the adorable Booyah stamp set from the fall/winter release at Lawn Fawn (one of my all time favorite stamp companies!) and I am in love with this sassy sentiment! To frame up my ghostie gal I wanted to use some vivid Halloween-y purples. Creating this background is as easy as doing some Zig Clean Color Real Brush marker scribbling and then spritzing it all with water. I recommend letting the background dry on it's own for awhile before finishing it off with your heat gun.
A little black embossing paste for texture and this spooky background is done! I loved creating the side strip using the same Zig marker colors and embossing paste so everything coordinates. Also, cutting your sentiments up after you stamp them to create word squares is a great way to stretch your sentiments and get a whole new look!
Thanks so much for stopping by! I am SOOOO close to 200 YouTube subscribers and when I get there I'm going to do a giant giveaway to thank you all for your amazing support! Go check out the Lawnscaping Challenge: Texture and my full video tutorial above. See you again soon! Bye!
*Amazon affiliate links used when possible
- Lawn Fawn Booyah stamp set
- Canson XL Cold Press watercolor cardstock
- Zig Clean Color Real Brush Markers - set of 60
- Neenah 110 lb Solar White Cardstock
- Stampendous Dreamweaver Black Matte Embossing paste (I couldn't find what I used anywhere!)
- Simon Says Stamp Playful Circles stencil from the September 2015 Card Kit
- Theresa Collins Signature Essentials Remember stencil (I cannot find a link to this!)
- Post It Tape
- Scotch Advanced Tape Glider
- Zig Glue Pen
- Simon Says Stamp Black Cardstock
- VersaMark Ink
- Ranger Archival Black Ink
- Ranger Super Fine White Embossing Powder
- Embossing Buddy
- Craft Foam
- Signo White UniBall Gel Pen
- Sakura Gelly Roll Gold Metallic Pen