Happy Monday to you all and welcome to Day 9 of my Handmade Holiday video series! I can't believe Christmas is right around the corner! I really hope to get to 12 videos before then so we'll see how much crafty time life let's me have in the coming days. I've been feeling tag-y lately and I have my first ever card candy swap to participate in so I decided to make some mini tags to send to my swap partner for the holidays.
I used my Copic markers to color in some adorable Lawn Fawn cuties from the Toboggan Together and Oh Snap stamp sets and fussy cut them out. I then die cut some Neenah Solar White 110lb cardstock using the Mini Tags dies from Pretty Pink Posh. These mini tags are too precious! For some added interest I ran the tags though my Big Shot using the Falling Confetti embossing folder from Close to My Heart. I used an 1/8" hole punch to allow for the string on my tags and then busted out some ink to add color.
I used several colors of Memento Dew Drop inks and makeup wedges to apply the ink to the tags in an ombre effect. I'm telling you guys, makeup wedges are the way to go if you don't want to spend a fortune on the fancy ink blending tools for every color of ink you have. I love the Tim Holtz Distress Ink blending tool for the colors I use often (like every single one of my Distress Inks) but for the inks I only use on occasion these makeup wedges are fantastic! And they are so affordable (28 for $1 at the Dollar Store!) that I just toss them when I'm through!
I popped up my critters onto the tags with some foam squares and then added some sequins from the Holly Jolly sequin mix from Pretty Pink Posh to each tag. I, of course, had to finish them off with some sparkle Lawn Trimmings and Wink of Stella because the holidays = glitter!
I hope you guys enjoyed today's project! I am going to enter this project in the current Lawnscaping Challenge #119: Tag It! I'll be back on Wednesday with my second project for Paper Smooches as their December Guest Designer! Thanks so much and have a great night! Bye!
Links are to TupeloDesignsLLC when possible.
- Lawn Fawn Toboggan Together stamp set
- Lawn Fawn Oh Snap stamp set
- Pretty Pink Posh Mini Tags dies
- Pretty Pink Posh Holly Jolly sequin mix in 6mm and 4mm
- Copic Markers - E57, E59, E31, E53, R20, C1, C5, C7, YR14, YR18, 0
- Memento Dew Drop ink pads in Summer Sky, Pear Tart, Lady Bug, Angel Pink, and Lulu Lavendar
- Close to My Heart Falling Confetti embossing folder
- Neenah 110lb Solar White Cardstock
- Memento Tuxedo Black ink
- Sparkle Green Lawn Trimmings
- Sparkle Red Lawn Trimmings
- Sparkle Silver Lawn Trimmings
- Best Creation Foam Squares
- Makeup wedges
- Black Soot Distress Marker